High School Team Camp
High School Team Camp
Dates: June 17 – June 18
Time: June 17 – June 18 8:00am – 6:00pm *please note Nashville, TN is on Central Time
Grade Level: Rising 9th – Rising 12th
Cost: $200 registration fee + $25 per player
Description: Team Camp will provide the opportunity for AAU, JV, and Varsity level teams to prepare for the upcoming summer and school seasons. Games will take place in historic Memorial Gymnasium and practice facilities. Open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).
Registration: ALL teams must register online via the link above (regardless of payment method).
• This should be done by the head coach only
• Players do not register individually
• In order to play, each player must submit the Camp Liability Waiver and Camp Medical Information Form upon arrival at camp (forms attached below)
• If paying by check, please email Vicki Spina at email@example.com to receive a coupon code to bypass online payment
Check-In at Camp: Check-in will be at the South East Entrance of Memorial Gym off 25th Avenue which is also where teams will enter/exit each day. Please bring each player’s forms and the team’s payment/check (if not previously paid online). Check-in time is flexible based on your team’s game schedule.
Scheduling: Game schedule to be released at a later date.
• All teams must be available to play by 8:00am CT on June 17
• 6 games guaranteed (regardless of day)
• Teams will potentially have back-to-back games
• Skill level, desired competition, and scheduling preferences are welcome but there are no guarantees (please send this information when registering online)
Parking: Parking is available in the 25th Avenue Garage, located at the corner of 25th Avenue South and Jess Neely Drive/Highland Ave. Use the Highland Avenue entrance and park in paid parking spaces 281-372. You must use the pay machine to pay for your parking. If you park elsewhere on campus, you are doing so at your own risk. Camps do not have the authority to discount or waive parking tickets you may receive.
Basketballs: Please bring your own basketballs for warm-ups. We will provide the game ball.
T-Shirts: Each team will receive one T-shirt per camper (number determined by how many camp liability waivers and camp medical information forms are submitted) plus a maximum of two additional t-shirts for coaches. A T-shirt form will be available at check-in to request sizes.
Food: Each team is responsible for its own meals. Concessions will be available at Memorial Gym throughout both days. Water and Gatorade coolers will be provided.
Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend camp, a refund can be provided less a $50 processing fee when a request is submitted up to 30 days prior to camp. Refunds requested within 29 days of the start of camp, or after camp has ended, will not be granted.
CAMPER CODE OF CONDUCT/BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
Vanderbilt Athletics Camps strive to maintain a fun and safe environment for all participants. Positive reinforcement is the preferred approach to discipline and all counselors strive to meet that goal. In keeping with our program goals, we encourage fun for all of our participants; however, certain rules are necessary to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
i. Campers are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times.
1. Listen and follow instructions.
2. Remain with the group at all times.
3. Show respect to all campers, coaches, staff, equipment, and facilities.
4. Refrain from using foul language.
5. Refrain from fighting, pushing or shoving. Refrain from causing harm to him/her self or others.
ii. The following activities and/or behaviors pose significant risks to campers and the broader community and are strictly prohibited. Campers who engage in these prohibited activities and/or behaviors may be subject to immediate dismissal.
2. Violating the rights of others, including bullying (physical, verbal, or otherwise)
3. Damage, vandalism, littering, or theft of Vanderbilt University property, property of a University community member or campus visitor, or other property used during camp
4. Violence of any kind, including, without limitation, fighting, assault, physical or verbal intimidation, cyber-bullying and sexual harassment
5. Pranks and practical jokes with malicious intent or that pose a threat to camper safety
7. Possession, use, manufacture, or distribution of matches, lighters, fireworks, explosives, or other incendiary devices
8. Sexual acitivity
9. Sexual misconduct
10. Tampering with fire alarms or other emergency equipment
11. Misuse or distribution of prescription or over-the-counter medications/drugs
12. Possession, use, manufacture, or distribution of tobacco, alcohol, or chemical substances
13. Possession, use, or distribution of firearms, ammunition, or other weapons or replicas of any description
14. Violation of federal, state, or local laws